Insert Film School attempts at raising independent filmmakers who have a unique view and style while having sufficient knowledge on various stages of film making and film crew. Hence, film-making students here in addition to directing will learn about script writing, cinematography, sound recording, montage, film etc.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Application Form
2. Attend the interview conducted by the school instructors
3. Participate at a two-day workshop conducted by Kaveh Sajjad Hosseini (Insert School Manager) including:
First Day Agenda:
-Orientation day and Introduction to Barg Institute of Culture and Art by Samaneh -Afkari, Barg Institute‘s Executive Manager
-Introduction of the school curriculum and its objectives by Farhad Delaram, Insert School Innovator
-Selected movie show and discussion about the films with Kaveh Sajjad Hosseini, Insert School Manager
Second Day Agenda:
-Making a maximum 3-min film at a specific place with the school consultant, Parviz Shahbazi
-At the end of the workshop, Insert Film School’s Selection Committee will select a maximum number of 15 students to enroll at the programme
The first camp agenda for 2017-2018
The first camp of Insert Film School will be held within 11 months and in 3 terms aiming at raising independent film directors.
Term 1 duration: 13 weeks including end-of-term project
Term 2 duration: 16 weeks including end-of-term project
Term 3 duration: 13 weeks including end-of-term project
Term 1 Modules:
1. Film Directing Principles: Directing concept, Classic and Modern Decoupage, Mise-en-scene
2. Short Script writing workshop
3. Film Montage: History and style, Statistics of montage
4. Author directors within the classic cinema; analysing 12 films from 12 known classic directors
5. Cinema History (styles, genres)
6. Image workshop; visual Arts basics for film screening and film screening principles
7. Pre-production: Production design and planning, location and actor/actresses selection, stage psychology etc.
8. Sound recording and sound/voice over workshops
Term 2 Modules:
1. Long Script writing; Classic and non-classic film structures
2. Directing workshop; applying Mise-en-scenes and decoupage by the students
3. Montage workshop
4. Author directors within the contemporary cinema: analysing 12 films from 12 known contemporary directors
5. Artistic directing: stage, costume, make-up design
6. Sound statistics
7. Cinematography workshop: light design, introduction to cameras, lenses, camera movements, handy cameras etc.
8. Introduction to how to select and lead actors/actresses
9. Introduction to documentary and experimental cinema
Term 3 Modules:
1. Talking sessions with professional film crew (directors, cinematographers, designers, sound directors, film editors, voice artists etc.)
2. Production and Supply
3. Post-production stage focusing on digital laboratory
4. Film Poster
5. Film distribution: introducing the international film festivals and instruction on how to send your films to the international platforms
6. Film production by each student
At the end of term 1, every student should make a maximum 3-min film which is produced in a collaborative way. Each student should fulfill at least 3 other roles, in addition to directing his/her film.
At the end of term 2, every student should make a max 10-min film which is produced in a collaborative way. Each student should fulfill at least 2 other roles, in addition to directing her/his film.
At the end of camp, film making students are free to produce their films without any time, genre or theme limits. Students can benefit from other school students’ help or use external contribution to complete their film projects. All school lecturers and instructors are ready and available to assist the students
How the school will support you?
-Provision of basic film production facilities in order to produce all 3 end-of-term film projects
-Introducing the students to the professional film projects/groups for internship
-Holding an internal festival in order to show the students’ end of term film projects
-International film distribution for the 3 selected students’ film projects
-A short film fund provision to the best film-making student
-Provision of university instructors and lecturers ’consultancy at all stages of film making